Note: You need to use the blender for this recipe as a food processor will not fully turn the nuts into a smooth cream.
1. Soak the cashews overnight in water.
2. Put the nuts in the blender with ¼ cup of water, lemon zest, and lemon juice and begin blending. You will need to stir the mixture periodically. Add small amounts of additional water to create a thick smooth paste. Add the salt and coconut oil and blend until very smooth.
3. Line whatever container you are going use as your mold with clear plastic wrap and add fresh ground black pepper and some dried herbs to the bottom. This will be the top when you unmold the cheese.
4. Fill the mold about half way and then add a layer of pesto and sundried tomatoes. Note that you could use other things as filling such as olives, pepper jam, caramelized onions, etc.
5. Next fill the mold the rest of the way with more of the cashew cream and fold the plastic wrap over the top.
6. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
7. Lift the cheese out of the mold with the clear plastic wrap on turn up-side down on a serving plate and remove the wrap. Enjoy with crackers, toast, etc. It is great over broccoli.