Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your library instruction will take place in the library classroom and will include a tour of the library. It will be about 45 minutes long.
What to Expect for Class Instruction
Before coming to class, students should:
- take a valid ID and a copy of their class schedule to security to get a Student ID card.
- go to the Circulation Desk at the library and ask for a barcode for their Student ID card.
During class, students will:
- be given a tour of the library.
- be given a tour of the library website in the instruction classroom.
- search for books in the library catalog under the direction of the librarian.
- browse the Juvenile and Adult Literacy books to select a book to check out.
- check out a book from the library to take home with them.
By the end of class, students will:
- be introduced to the library catalog and the MBLN network.
- understand how to check out books or equipment from the library.
- be familiar with both the Juvenile and the Adult Literacy sections of the library
- be familiar with the library website
- have a Student ID card with a library barcode on the back.
RCC Library Website
The library website will help you find books and articles, as well as helpful information, like how to contact the librarians or what time the library opens.
Search for books, DVDs, and more from our library and all other libraries in HELM.